FlightGest is excited to provide a Redbird LD® flight simulator with Cygnus compatibility! Utilization of our simulator will significantly reduce the overall cost of flight training, primarily for instrument and multi-engine students. Our newly updated simulator is capable of connecting via Bluetooth which allows location based apps, such as Foreflight, to track your simulated flight as if you were in a plane. FAA Certified AATDs allow pilots to sharpen their VFR and IFR skills and log all six instrument approaches for currency. Additionally, FlightGest offers the opportunity to fly NAV III G-1000 Cessna Panel, the Cirrus SR-22, and the BE-58 Baron Panel for inexpensive multi-engine training.
Cygnus allows you to use any aviation or navigation apps running on your Apple iOS device while connected to any one of a wide range of flight simulation software products. When using Cygnus during a simulation session your iOS device and the aviation app it is running will believe that it is located wherever the aircraft in the active simulation is located. Cygnus is the perfect tool for training pilots in the use of iPad© aviation apps in a safe and controlled environment.
Redbird Simulator Features
- Having trouble with holds? Take a lesson in our simulator to delve into different scenarios with the ability to pause a lesson if you have a question or make a mistake that could be a beneficial learning moment.
- Simulated engine failures will be less stressful in the simulator than in the air.
- A Redbird Simulator is an excellent resource to test one's confidence with a new skill or training maneuver before adding the additional responsibility in a cockpit.
- multitasking for IAPs
- soloing a student
- honing emergency procedures
- Prepare for your first solo cross-country by practicing first in the simulator to familiarize yourself with your checkpoints for pilotage and dead reckoning
- Fine tune your personal minimums in a safe environment by breaking free of the clouds just after crossing the VDP while flying an IAP
- Practice approaches and landings across the country for a challenge and to expose yourself to flying through different terrain
- 20 hours of the required 40 hours for IFR training can be logged in a simulator, reducing the cost significantly
- The six required instrument approaches for IFR currency can be logged in a simulator, further reducing the cost of rental fees
- FlightGest offers reduced rates when time is purchased in bulk
Cygnus talks directly to the location services on your iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone, or iPod touch allowing you to display your simulated location on any location based App, including:
Cygnus will work with most Windows based flight simulation software, including: